This June 8th, St. Ambrose invites YOU to join us at the Motor House to tell one true and personal story about the impact (little or big!) that St. Ambrose has had on your home or your community. Bring a story to share or just come to listen! Thinking of telling your St. Ambrose story? Here are 5 tips to help you prepare:
- 1. Tell ONE true, personal story. Tell a story about a single experience, moment, conflict, or challenge from your time with St. Ambrose. The 3-minute time limit is firm, so don’t bite off too big a tale to tell.
- Tell a story that means something to you. Listeners care when they know the storyteller cares. How did the events of the story you’re telling change you, even in a small way? How does the story reveal something larger about St. Ambrose?
- Start close to the action. Begin your story so that you can get to the heart of it pretty quickly. Often the clearest beginnings are the best: “In 2006, I came to St. Ambrose for….”
- Leave out anything that’s not vital to the story you’re telling. Did we mention it’s just 3 minutes? 🙂
- Share your story as if you were telling it to a group of friends. That means no notes, no scripts, no memorizing. Take the risk of being honest and vulnerable. The more you can be in the moment, the more powerful a connection you can forge with the audience.
Tickets to the event are $25 and include a complementary happy hour at 6:00 PM followed by the Stoop Storytelling show and dessert. You can purchase tickets here. If you have any questions about the event, contact Carla at 410-366-8550 x 245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.